Brad, Jenn, Brooke and Sommer Davis

Brad, Jenn, Brooke and Sommer Davis

Monday, May 21, 2012

I know, I know, it's been SOOOOO long. I have been busy, but I am about to get busier, so I figured it was time for a quick update...
Sommer!
She is GROWING! She is just over 18 lbs, and not quite 4 months! She is a chubby little sweetie. She smiles ALL THE TIME, can roll over both ways, like a pro, she reaches for everything in sight, loves pulling Mommy and Brooke's hair, sucks on her pointer and middle fingers to self-soothe,  falls asleep as soon as she gets in the car, and takes meal-time VERY seriously! She gets up to eat 2-3 times every night, and takes 2 great naps every day. She LOVES her Mommy...and gives the sweetest cuddles in the world.
Brooke!
She is ALMOST 3! I can hardly believe it! We will be celebrating he birthday with a pool party, at the end of next month. She can be very helpful, if she so chooses, but gets a big kick out of pretending to be a baby, too! I know it's a phase, so we try to play along. She LOVES her baby sister and gives her very big kisses and smothery hugs...we are working on being gentle...although Sommer seems to find it funny! She now gets to walk in the grocery store, (not sure where else to put her) and seems to be handling it pretty well, for the most part.  She talks ALL the time, loves applesauce and riding her bike, has become Daddy's little girl BIG TIME, and loves to sing and dance.
Jenn!
I will be starting back at Lonestar in just a few weeks, teaching both summer school terms. The 1st term, I will be teaching online, which is new for me, so keep me in your prayers, I am a little apprehensive. I am so busy, keeping house, making meals and loving on my baby girls...I am just not sure how I will fit anything else in, but I know God will give me strength. Brooke and I have started some at-home preschool activities, which I hope to increase and continue. She loves it, and I think she is learning a lot. We recently paid off my Trailblazer (hooray!), and in the fall, I have an EXCITING new job offer with Concordia University Texas...stay tuned for details.
Brad!
The girls and I are so blessed to have such a hard-working father and husband. He has been working LOTS, lately, as his company is swamped. We are grateful for the times that we have him home!! He and Brooke get up every Saturday morning to make pancakes together, which Brooke loves, and recently, he built the girls a fort, complete with a slide, in the back-yard!! He does a great job maintaining our lawn and landscaping, at home, and is ALWAYS looking for a good weekend project. I am so blessed to have a wonderful partner, in this crazy-beautiful life.
We recently took a weekend trip to Galveston, for Mother's Day, and had a blast, enjoying family time. Brooke LOVED the sand and the waves, and sea shell hunting with Daddy. Sommer opted for a nap in the shade.  We hope to head back to the Central Texas lakes in a few weeks to celebrate Father's Day.
May God bless you all...thanks for stopping by,
Hugs and Love!
B-J-B-S

No comments:

Post a Comment