Brad, Jenn, Brooke and Sommer Davis

Brad, Jenn, Brooke and Sommer Davis

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rough afternoon...

Well, we had another doctor's appointment this afternoon. I was pretty apprehensive, because another doctor was meeting with us, as my doc is still on vacation...so...
The nurse came in to check my vitals and said my blood pressure was high. This happened last week, but by the end of the appt. it was fine; which is what I told her. I tend to get nervous and anxious when I first get there, and then I calm down. Anyway, we had to wait to see the fill-in doctor, for almost an hour--he obviously has his hands full with all of his own patients AND my doctor's patients. By the time he came in, I was pretty nerve racked and tired of waiting...so, he did his "check" only to reveal that there has been NO change!! I am still only a cm dilated--obviously, Baby doesn't want to make it's debut this week...the doctor did say though, that the baby is about 6 lbs. This makes me happy!! It's not too big!
Upon checking my BP again, the nurse said it was even higher than before. So, not wanting to take any chances, the doctor sent me to the hospital to be monitored, and have some blood work done. Obviously, that was good for the blood pressure! I hate needles! Brad and I were admitted right away. I had to get into a gown and get hooked up to all kind of monitoring devices...fun stuff. Then, they took my blood--and I TRIED to be a big girl about it--thank God, Brad was there...he made me laugh the whole time, and really took my mind off of everything. He is going to be GREAT when I am actually IN LABOR. About 2 hours later, they released me, saying that everything looks just fine.
So, no news, no baby...we will be in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment